Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13-14



Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What a Priviledge

I am continuing to ponder how to use my blessings to help others. A dear friend is preparing to go with her family on a two year mission aboard the Mercy Ship. The ship provides medical care and performs surgery for people along the coast of Africa. Although I do not feel called at this time to such a mission I very much want to make a difference in this world. The primary aim of the Mercy Ship is to share the life changing message of the gospel by first meeting the physical needs of the people whom the ship staff serves.

I have thought about the fact that by reaching out to Americans through the salvation message and teachings from God's word I might reach people who God has purposed for missions. Christians who have been blessed with material wealth through their ministries have also been able to fund outreaches in other countries. This would, of course, be a long term goal as I would have to establish a ministry first. That is if my heart is God's heart and I am not missing Him with the thoughts I have.

I am starting by doing in depth study in God's word and have begun to teach Sunday school. It is through my weight loss that I have gained the confidence to speak and teach and I believe maintaining good health is key to opening doors in ministry. It's exciting to think God would use me to reach others for Christ. I just hope that I can be obedient to His leading and walk in the things He has planned for me.

I want to follow God's road map for my life and not design my own. It is possible for a Christian to be deceived into thinking she is on the right path when, in fact, she is not. My hope is that as I become more knowledge about God's word through the direction and protection of the Holy Spirit I will be guarding against the deceit of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment